Fans for Diversity Awards shortlists announced
Posted on 6th September 2019
This month will see the first ever Fans for Diversity Awards presented at our conference on Friday 20th September, organised with our partners at Kick It Out. The awards celebrate the energy, campaigns and diversity of football fans from across the country.
The awards consider a wide range of activity which has taken place over the 2018/2019 season across seven categories. The winners from each category will form the shortlist for the overall Fans for Diversity Award at the FSA awards in December.
We are delighted to be joined by special guests including: Sophie Cook (author), Troy Townsend (Kick it Out), Kerry Evans (Wrexham DLO), Stephanie Fuller (Proud and Palace), Nity Raj (Brentford FC), Mie Ostergaard (Sky Sports) and Jermaine Agyako (Cheeky Sport) and many more.
The categories and nominees are:
Free Kick Award (for individuals, groups or projects which are not linked to a specific club or league in the pyramid).
- Alex Manners – “Autism & Football” Campaign
- Allies in Access – Regional West Midlands Disability supporters’ groups
- Team Grassroots – Grassroots
- Three Lions Pride – England
- AFC Leyton
- The Festival of Football 2019 – Goal Diggers FC
- Chelsea Women Supporters Group
- New Milton Town Ladies FC
- Jordan Tyms – Altrincham FC
- Metropolitan Police FC
- Wrexham Disabled Supporters Association
- York City Supporters Trust
- Lady Imps Supporters Association – Lincoln City FC
- Mariners’ Trust – Grimsby Town FC
- Port Vale Supporters Club – Port Vale FC
- Rover and Out – Tranmere Rovers FC
- Bangla Bantams – Bradford City AFC
- FFD Irons – Scunthorpe United FC
- Proud Valiants- Charlton Athletic FC
- Red and White Army – Sunderland AFC
- Apna Albion – West Bromwich Albion FC
- Blues 4 All – Birmingham City FC
- Proud Baggies – West Bromwich Albion FC
- Villans Together – Aston Villa FC
- Everyone, Together – Bournemouth AFC
- Pride of Irons – West Ham FC
- Proud Hornets & The 1881 Movement – Watford FC
- Proud Lilywhites – Tottenham Hotspur FC
Fans For Diversity is a campaign programme run in partnership between the Football Supporters’ Association and Kick It Out, English football’s equality and inclusion organisation. Fans For Diversity encourages, funds and supports initiatives by fan groups to promote diversity and inclusion in football, and to challenge all forms of discrimination.
Thanks to PA Images for the image used in this article.