Fans for Diversity supporting Non-League Day 2018
Posted on 11th October 2018
The biggest event in the Non-League footballing calendar is taking place this weekend, and Fans for Diversity will be supporting it across the country.
Non-League Day is a volunteer-led event that encourages supporters to attend a local community football club during the international break.
Just as in previous seasons, the Fans for Diversity campaign has linked up with a range of non-league clubs across the country this Saturday to showcase live football and encourage participation among under-represented groups. Here’s a run down of where we’ll be:
- Whitehawk FC, East Sussex: There’s £5 entry as the players from both teams will be taking to the pitch in Fans for Diversity t-shirts. A DJ & party follows the game.
- Bradford Park Avenue, West Yorkshire: The famous non-league club host Kidderminster Harriers where both teams will once again wear Fans for Diversity t-shirts. Supporters can enjoy summer fete type family activities and a penalty shoot out for £5 entry.
- Worcester City FC, Worcestershire: The Faithful take on Long Eaton United at the Victoria Ground, and there’ll be a chance to talk to the club’s board and supporters’ trust after the game to learn more about how they operate.
- Altrincham FC, Greater Manchester: Moss Lane will be welcoming a community who were forced to resettle in the UK from the Chagos Islands south of the Maldives. The club are also hosting special guests paralympic track cycling gold medallists Lora and Neil Fachie.
Fans for Diversity campaigns officer Maria Horner said: “We’re really looking forward to Non-League Day this weekend and we expect to see some big crowds at grounds around the country.
“The Fans for Diversity campaign is always keen to show traditionally underrepresented communities that there’s always live football on their doorsteps and Non-League Day is a great opportunity to do just that.”
There will be more fan groups across the country supporting the Fans for Diversity and Non-League Day link up, so keep an eye out for those.
- The Fans For Diversity campaign provides funding for supporters who want to launch an event or initiative that celebrates diversity. Apply for the Fans For Diversity Fund here or contact Anwar Uddin on [email protected] for more information.
Fans for Diversity is a joint campaign run with Kick It Out, football’s anti-discrimination group. Find out more about the campaign here.
Thanks to James Boyes for the image used in this article. Reproduced here under Creative Commons license.