tfs 018 out now!
Posted on 19th November 2009
The Football Supporter 018 (tfs) has hit the shelves and it’ll blow your socks off, literally, because we give you The Fashion Issue. We get down to the sole (and that’s a pun, not a typo) of our game by looking at the terrace trends that shaped contemporary culture. Fear not though, even if you’re not a fickle fashionista we’ve still got features for you:
- Guardian guru Jonathan Wilson fills us in on tactical trends and on field football fashions since England wingless wonders took the ’66 World Cup.
- We speak to Peter Hooton, ex-frontman of (all together now) The Farm and creator of seminal 80s Liverpool fanzine The End. Cultural commentator, Oasis biographer and Spurs fan Paulo Hewitt also gives us the southern slant on terrace fashions.
- tfs investigates the ticketing scandal at South Africa 2012 and discovers that only 9% of tickets will go to fans at their own team’s games.
- The top 10 football injuries of all time – whether it’s colliding with a moose or taking a drill to their own foot, footballers can be pretty dumb.
- Plus all the usual shorts, letters, and features. Subscribe today. Or else…