The Met Police have asked the Football Supporters’ Federation to pass on the following information regarding the Championship play-off final between Blackpool and West Ham on Saturday 19th May 2012 (3pm KO). Licensed premises in the area of Wembley Stadium have been divided between supporters of both clubs as such:
West Ham supporters’ licensed premises:
- The Green Man, Dagmar Avenue
- Greyhound, 324 Harrow Road
- JJ Moons, 397 High Road
- Thirsty Eddie’s, 412 High Road
- Innisfree Freehouse, 30 – 32 Harrow Road
- Mannions Freehouse, 313 Harrow Road
- The Bear, 397a High Road
- Speakeasy, 299 – 301 Harrow Road
- Blue Room, 53 Wembley Hill Road
Blackpool supporters’ licensed premises:
- The Torch, 1 – 5 Bridge Road
- Crock of Gold, 23 Bridge Road
- Blue Check Café, 12 – 13 Empire Way
- Premier Lodge, Bridge Road
- Rim Zim, 1 Empire Way
- The Parish, 120 Wembley Park Drive
- First Class Sports Bar, 125 Wembley Park Drive
- Piri Piri Sports Bar, 33 – 39 Bridge Road
- Crystal (formerly Silverspoons), 1 Southway
The Met Police say all pubs will have door staff on them which is either a condition of their licence or agreed on a voluntary basis. Entry will be gained by the production of a match ticket. There will be no police on any of the public houses checking who enters as this is a matter for the licensee rather a police function.
The above list relates to public houses in the immediate vicinity of the stadium. There are many other pubs that both sets of supporters can use within walking distance of the stadium or a short tube ride away. These pubs may or may not be segregated but this is entirely at the discretion of the licensee.
- If you’re familiar with Twitter and have a ticket for the game keep an eye on the Met’s feed. They’ll update all the latest matchday news – closed pubs, cancelled trains, and so on – via their Twitter feed: @MetPoliceEvents.
If you have any further queries or feedback contact the FSF’s Amanda Jacks:
Join the FSF for free today from this link.
The Football Supporters’ Federation on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter – @The_FSF