What is structured dialogue? The long answer runs to 10,702 words and the full report from January 2016 can be read on the DCMS website but the leagues adopted the below into their rule.
- 112.1 Clubs shall hold at least two meetings/fans forums per Season to which its supporters (or representatives) are to be invited in order to discuss significant issues relating to the Club. The framework for these meetings shall be documented in the Club’s customer charter, but are subject to the following minimum criteria:
- 112.1.1 Clubs must be represented by the Club’s majority owner, board director(s) or other senior executive(s);
- 112.1.2 where meetings are not open to all supporters wishing to attend, the supporter representatives must be elected, selected or invited in line with basic democratic principles; and
- 112.1.3 individuals cannot be excluded by the Club without good reason (the Club acting reasonably)
- R.3. A Club’s policy with regard to its Stakeholders should:
- R.3.1. provide for consultation with them on a structured and regular basis through forums, questionnaires and focus groups and by the publication of current policies on major issues in an easily digested format; and
- R.3.2. promote supporter and community liaison and provide for the establishment of liaison structures where none exist