As the cost of living crisis shows no signs of ending the stress is really mounting up for many of us and that can have a serious impact on mental health.
Back in 2021 the FSA launched #TerraceTalk, a supporter-led mental health initiative, which included a series of events from panel discussions to training for FSA staff and volunteers, and the sharing of resources with supporter groups.
The aim of the campaign is to encourage open and honest conversations about mental health and encourage supporters who need them to seek out mental health support services. A central theme of #TerraceTalk is to remember and recognise the value that the social aspects of the matchday routine provide to fans up and down the country.
One of the many lessons learned from the pandemic and our collective experience of lockdowns was a greater appreciation of the value that the matchday and our social interactions around it can have on our mental health.
- Download: #TerraceTalk social media assets. If you would like a bespoke #TerraceTalk image including your group’s logo contact us.
- Find out more: fan groups highlight mental health support work
- Age UK – call 0800 678 1602 8am-7pm
- Alcoholics Anonymous or call 0800 9177 650
- Andy’s Man Club
- CALMzone – call 0800 585858
- Childline or call 0800 1111
- Mental Health First Aid (England)
- Mental Health First Aid (Wales)
- Mental Health Matters
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline – call 0808 2000 247
- National Gambling Helpline or call 0808 8020 133
- OK Rehab or call 0800 326 5559
- Samaritans – 116 123 call any time for free
- SHOUT 85258 – a text-only 24 hour confidential mental health support service – text 85258
- SEED – specialise in supporting those with eating disorders & associated mental health issues – call 01482 718130 or email.
For medical advice call the NHS on 111.