NWFA 2018 Round Up
Posted on 15th November 2018
The North-West Football Awards 2018 took place this week at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground in Manchester. Hosted by Dan Walker the awards were celebrating the eleventh year of recognising football in the North West from the grassroots to the professional game.
Supporters Direct partnered with the awards and were among the prestigious partnerships in attendance, including Kick-It-Out, Women in Football, Tongue Tied Media, Havas PR and the PFA.
Winners from the night included:
• ‘Unsung Hero’ – Henry Mooney, Everton in the Community
• ‘Journalist of the Year’ – Matt Scrafton (The Blackpool Gazette) for his work reporting on Blackpool FC.
• ‘Fan TV Channel of the Year’ – Redmen TV (Liverpool FC)
• ‘Men’s Premier League Player of the Year’ – Mohammed Salah (Liverpool FC)
• ‘Men’s Championship Player of the Year’ – Ben Alnwick (Bolton Wanderers)
• ‘Men’s League One Player of the Year’ – Nathan Byrne (Wigan Athletic)
• ‘Men’s League Two Player of the Year’ – Billy Kee (Accrington Stanley)
• ‘Men’s National League Player of the Year’ – Connor Jennings (Tranmere Rovers)
• ‘Women’s Player of the Year’ – Jen Beattie (Manchester City)
• ‘Lifetime Contribution Award’ – Colin Harvey
Supporters Direct were picked to present the Fan TV Channel of the year award, a fitting tribute to the work supporters do to cover their football teams. The importance of football supporters was mentioned throughout the evening and it was recognised that the game would be nothing without its fans.
A big thank you must go to Laura Wolfe and the team for creating such a memorable evening for all of us involved in football in the North-West.
For more information about the winners please visit the NWFA website.